Smith & Nephew - Wound Bed Preparation
Developed in conjunction with Smith and Nephew, the Wound Bed Preparation course provides training in best practice wound care management.
The knowledge gained from this module can be applied to heal some of the most difficult wounds. A foundation of wound management is gained by understanding the principles of Wound Bed Preparation and the TIME concept developed by the International Advisory Board of Wound Bed Preparation.
The course provides practical training in wound management based on a holistic assessment of the patient. The course will improve understanding in the following key areas:
- Effective wound management means taking a holistic approach - looking at all of the factors that contribute to the wound health
- Good practice wound bed preparation improves the natural ability of the body to repair the wound, and optimises the effect of other healing treatments
- Effective wound management using TIME (Tissue, Infection or Inflammation, Moisture, Edge) forms the basis of wound bed preparation
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- wound healing
- how to manage wounds using the principles of wound bed preparation, and
- how to select an appropriate wound dressing based on accurate assessment of the wound using TIME.
The course is designed for nurses and carers.
This course has been developed to provide the learner with an understanding of wound care, managing wounds using the principles of wound bed preparation, and accurately assessing wounds.
The module features:
- An overview of the skin
- The normal phases of wound healing
- The key concepts of Wound Bed Preparation
- The TIME acronym as a framework for a structured approach to wound bed preparation
About the author
The module has been developed by Greer Hosking, a Registered Nurse with over 15 years experience managing and advising on the treatment of acute and chronic wounds. She holds a certificate in orthopaedic nursing, a Bachelor of Education and a Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment. Greer has designed and written educational modules in wound care for on-line education and lecturer lead seminars. She wrote the wound care chapter of Tabbner's Nursing Care, 5E Theory and Practice and presents at national and international wound care conferences.
What you'll get
Once you've finished the module, you'll be able to download and save a certificate of completion. You may be able to use this certificate as evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
$38.50 (AUD) per subscription