Smith & Nephew - Skin Integrity
Developed in conjunction with Smith & Nephew, the Skin Integrity course has been designed to help you improve your knowledge of skin care and the management of skin tears and Incontinence Associated Dermatitis (IAD). Using research from Curtin University School of Nursing and Midwifery and Silver Chain, learners gain an understanding of the STAR Skin Tear Classification System and a simplified approach to healing skin tears.
The training covers:
- The skin and how it changes as it ages
- Skin tears and how they occur
- Classification and treatment of a skin tear using the STAR skin tear classification system
- How to differentiate between pressure injury and Incontinence Associated Dermatitis
- How to select an appropriate wound dressing, and,
- How to care for elderly skin.
What you'll get
Once you've finished the module, you'll be able to download and save a certificate of completion. You may also be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points.
The course is designed for nurses and carers.
The course provides practical training in the latest treatments for Skin Tears and IAD. The course will improve understanding in the following key areas:
- Professional standards in Skin Care for the elderly
- The STAR Skin Tear Classification System
- The management of skin tears
- How to differentiate between pressure injury and Incontinence Associated Dermatitis (IAD)
- An understanding of the management of IAD
About the author
The module has been developed by Greer Hosking, a Registered Nurse with over 15 years' experience managing and advising on the treatment of acute and chronic wounds. She holds a certificate in orthopaedic nursing, a Bachelor of Education and a Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment. Greer has designed and written educational modules in wound care for on-line education and lecturer lead seminars. She wrote the wound care chapter of Tabbner's Nursing Care, 5E Theory and Practice and presents at national and international wound care conferences.
$38.50 (AUD) per subscription